Connecting Knowledge is a programme that supports improved attainment in writing through:
• Lesson study: an approach to professional learning used in some of the most successful international education systems
• High quality CPD to develop teacher subject knowledge
• Tools which enable teachers to plan for impact on pupil learning
The project aims to develop teachers’ thinking about how children learn to write creatively and to improve the teaching and learning of spelling, punctuation and grammar, the expectation for which have increased with the introduction of the new National Curriculum.
This is a high quality, robust partnership programme between:
• London schools
• The UCL Institute of Education, world leading centre for education
• The National Education Trust, bringing a proven track record of raising attainment for disadvantaged pupils
Connecting Knowledge is London Schools Excellence Fund (LSEF) Subject Knowledge Hub. Find out more about the LSEF on the Mayor of London website.